Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Foodie Penpal Reveal!

The Lean Green Bean

It's that time again to reveal my foodie penpal package for March! It came from Marie all the way from Ohio state. I can't thank her enough for her thoughtfulness, she really listened to my likes and dislikes.

I opened the box and the first thing I saw was this...
The color immediately caught my eye because I have a new love of lime green with it being the lymphoma awareness ribbon color. Marie sent this to me because I had told her and she checked out my blog that I was a cancer survivor. This it from her school. They do a dance marathon every year called Buckeyethon to raise money for Nationwide's children's Hospital hematology/oncology department. I was thrilled to learn about such a great thing Ohio State does and of course all the goodies inside!!

The first thing that I pulled out was a yummy jar of peanut butter. peanut butter is one of my all time favorite foods so I was thrilled.
But this wasn't just any ordinary peanut butter, this one was packed full with even more portein than normal and it is all natural! And boy is it yummy. Marie also sent me the recipe for the traditional Buckeyes which I plan on using some of this peanut butter to make!

Next out of the bag were these little gems...
The thought behind these yummy Dessert Delights was that I told Marie I love baked goods but that I was trying to stay on the healthy side of things. These are great I did try them and then ended up giving them to my friend only because chewing gum aggravates my TMJ which I suppose I should tell people about but I always forget. either way they tasted great and I love the thought and idea behind them.

Then last but certainly not least was this...
It isn't just your normal run of the mill hot chocolate though. It is a nutritional supliment which according to Marie's note has added protein in it. I think this will be great to save as a recovery treat after one my road races or long training days! Marie if you read this could please send the brand name and maybe the nutritional information?

Thank you again Marie for this package. You really did an amazing job thinking about lots of different things about me. And also thanks to Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean for creating this program and running it so well for all of us!

Now for the fun part how you all can get involved...

-Just head over to Lindsay's Blog and click on the link to sign up.
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.   

Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada! 

***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment