Tuesday, April 23, 2013

HAWMC Day 22: Day to Day Inspiration!

Today's task for Day 22 of WEGO Health's Health Activist Writer's Challenge is to write about the day to day ordinary things that inspire you.

There are so many things on a day to day basis that inspire me. Because I am heavily involved in large cancer community people that I come into contact inspire mostly more than they will ever know. Tonight is prime example, I went down to current LIVESTRONG at the YMCA session to see how the class was doing, sharing some info with them about other existing programs out there that they may be interested and just generally see how I could help them. While there I was speaking to someone who is still currently going through treatment and is far to hard on himself for not being able to do what he thinks he should be able to do. We had a very long conversation about life obligations as well as his goals. He was inspiring to me because although he is in the midst of fighting for his life that isn't his focus he still wants to live his life! That was extremely motivating and inspiring to me to make sure I keep doing what I am doing so that I can help others achieve their goals!

There are so many other little things too that inspire me...
- Whenever I see someone doing any kind of exercise; running, walking, biking, etc. they inspire me because I know what it takes to put those things into motion.
-People that stand up for what they believe in. Even if it happens to be something that I don't necessarily agree with. Standing behind what you believe takes a lot of work.
-Waking up to the birds chirping letting me know a new has begun, it's like a clean slate waiting for what I want to put on it.
-The children in my class. Just seeing how much progress they have made and how much their brains absorb.

One thing recently that has been extremely inspiring is the overall human generosity in Boston. I have lived just outside of Boston my entire life but the ties I have to that city are strong. More memories then I have time to share here. So the recent attack was really personal. However to see so many people running to the aide of other despite their own safety with even the slightest hope of helping/saving them is astounding. Seeing not only the people in Boston/New England rallying around and supporting the city but support across the world is inspiring. Knowing how much support all these bombing survivors will have is inspiring. The survivors themselves are inspiring, telling their stories in addition to providing comfort and support each other.

There are so many small things in the world that are inspiring you just have to know where to look and be willing to accept them. I have also learned that you have to be willing to offer inspiration as well it's like one big complete circle.

So my advice is to live in the moment and take the inspiration where you can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment