Saturday, April 13, 2013

HAWMC Day 11: Favorites

Today's task for WEGO Health's Health Activist Writer's Challenge was to talk about my favorite health apps and/or my favorite social network.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what my favorite health app is. I originally was thinking health as is being healthy (food, exercise, etc). But then I read in the challenge that it should be an app that helps with your condition or your interactions with your doctors. After some careful thought I decided that my favorite app that deals specifically with cancer is LIVESTRONG's app. It is fantastic!! It has a digital version of their guidebook which is instrumental during your cancer journey. It also allows you to keep a journal, keep a medications record, helps you with keeping track of your symptoms and has a tracker to help keep track of your appointments. It also gives you ways to get to their navigation services which offers so many different services I can't even begin to write about them all.

I had the misfortune of becoming acquianted with this app after I had already completed my treatment but I still use it none the less. It actually does help me communicate with my doctors because I have accurate records of my medications, how I have been feeling, etc. I highly recommend this app. The great thing too is that if you are an apple user it is available for not only the iphone but also the ipad and ipad mini!

Now to think about my favorite social network is difficult. I decided I would take this a different way. I have to say at the moment my favorite would be pinterest. I chose pinterest because it is the one place I can go that will give me ideas for just about anything not just health related. We focus so much on what we need to work on that pinterest caters to a part of my health that is often overlooked. It helps me just get lost in something fun! I can contribute to it as well take from it which is great! I would say I am definitely addicted to pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment