Sunday, April 28, 2013

HAWMC Day 27: How to title my life?

Today's Day 27 task for WEGO Health's Health Activist Writer's Challenge is to think about 5 working book titles for my life.

I have to say that the first one that came to mind was a title that is already being used 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' but since that is already taken I will have to go back to the drawing board.

1.) Aforetime - Ironically enough a friend of mine has been sick and we started writing a word of the day on the board in her hospital room. Today's word is Aforetime which I find would be a very fitting title for a book. It means in earlier times, which let's face it if you are writing a biography it will always be about past experiences.

2.)Cancerology - Since pretty much any word including "ology" means to study something this would be very fitting to depict the lymphoma part of my life. It has honestly made me learn and study things that I never thought I would ever want to or need to. It would be a good way to share information as well as experiences.

3.)Skinny person stuck inside a fat persons body - This would be useful to talk about both my pre-cancer self as well as my post-cancer self. Not to mention all the things I wanted to do but that my body just wouldn't let me. It would be more of a comparison in lifestyle. But again would be a great way to share information and hopefully motivate and inspire others in similar situations.

4.)Is There Life After Cancer? - I think this would be a good way to share my life of recovery after lymphoma. There are so many aspects involved instead of having it's own chapter in a book it really does need it's own book. Through self realizations, services offered through many different organizations, friend and family support/influences. etc

I tried to think of one more but I can only think of four. As much as I would love to some day write one of these into a real book but I am a terrible writer if you all haven't figured that out from reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment