Thursday, April 4, 2013

HAWMC Day 4: Care Page

When I was first diagnosed I wasn't really looking for too much information except the basics of general information on Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma and the type of treatment I was undergoing. So for that I went to these places...

The American Cancer Society:
www.cancer.org

Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center:
http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society:
www.lls.org

The Lymphoma Research Foundation:
www.lymphoma.org


Mass General served two purposes, first to help orient me with the cancer center as well as my medical team through their online profiles. Second was exploring the information they have on there about my lymphoma.

After my treatment I was looking more to connect with others like me and figure out the recovery/survivorship aspect of cancer. For that I turned to some other outlets.

The Lymphoma Forums:
www.forums.lymphoma.com

LIVESTRONG Foundation
www.livestrong.org
Specifically to get their guidebooks to begin with and then to have as a resource for many other things throughout the cancer journey.

Stupid Cancer:
www.stupidcancer.org

First Descents:
www.firstdescents.org

AKP Foundation:
www.AKPfoundation.org

Immerman Angels:
www.immermanangels.org

I would suggest across the board to definitely check out the website of whatever hospital or cancer center you are having your treatment because not only is there usually information about different types of cancer but also about different services that are offered in different capacities.

There is so much information out there so it is hard to tell where it go. So here is a little list to help get people in the right direction.

If you want to get in on this healthy activist challenge check it out. Even though it's already started you can still join in! http://info.wegohealth.com/hawmc

No comments:

Post a Comment