Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HAWMC Day 30: How'd it go?

Today's Day 30 WEGO Health's Health Activist Writer's Challenge task is to recap the whole challenge for the month.

I think this was a great way to keep me moving in the blog world and be more aware of what I am writing about.

My favorite topics were the ones that were probably the hardest to get going on. Yesterday's about what do I love about myself was one of them. I also really enjoyed writing a letter to lymphoma. I liked the wordless wednesdays with the exception of the fact that they almost needed the words to explain. I also thought it was a nice touch when we got to explore other people's blogs that were part of the challenge, leave them a comment and help spread awareness of their blog through our blogs.

I will admit that there were a few things I didn't like. I was ok with the first topic in regards to social media and such but the topic became very redundant. It seemed to come up a few other times but worded differently. I wasn't too into the whole aspiration topic either I find this to be a little to broad of a subject to cover in a blog post. I didn't really like the Acrostic Poem, I tried to have each letter represent how I felt about lymphoma but it was hard to find one word.

I have learned a lot though. We often get so caught up in what we perceive to be the main focus. It was great to be able to explore lots of different blogs and see what other people are writing about for their focus of health activism. I learned a lot about diabetes, hemophilia, other cancers, and depression.

To describe my WEGO health experience in one word I would have to say: Unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment