Saturday, April 20, 2013

HAWMC Day 19: Vintage Photo

Today's task for WEGO Health's Health Activist Writer's Challenge Day 19 was to find a vintage photo and write a caption about it in regards to my lymphoma. So here goes...


This was taken the last week of July in 2010. My husband, friends and I all decided that we wanted to change up our normal night to hang out. So we decided to have a formal night. Ironically enough this was only a few days before my entire life changed with a large tumor. This was an amazing night, we took pictures as if it were prom night each as "couple" and then group shots. We did a nice formal one and then did a fun one. Of course the fun one was the one I picked. Despite the fact that during this time I was in constant pain, this is night that I haven't forgotten. Only two weeks later I was diagnosed, started treatment and was on my journey. But this was a night filled with fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment