Sunday, April 21, 2013

HAWMC Day 21 - Adversity

Today's task for Day 21 of WEGO Health Activist Writer's Challenge was to decided if the saying "The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all." is true or false and when do I bloom best.

I think that the flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all is absolutely true! Unfortunately it seems that when you are faced with misfortune or distress that is when the best usually comes out in people.

If you think about everything that just happened this past week in Boston that is a prime example of what happens in adversity. All the people that ran in to help those hurt, all the law enforcement agents putting their lives on the line to keep so many people safe. The way everyone is supporting Boston and all those hurt or that lost their lives. My point is that the events were beyond horrific but it brought out the best, most caring side of humanity. It is just sad that it usually takes adversity to get to that point.

For me personally my cancer was my adversity. It changed my life forever. It made me realize there are so many things in life that just aren't worth worrying about or being involved in. Life is way to short to sweat the small stuff! I am a much happier and helpful person now and I love it.

As far as when do I blossom I would have to say when I can use my experience with my cancer adversity to help others that are facing a similar situation. It brings me so much joy knowing I can help others hopefully get through their journey and end up with a similar outlook when theirs is all over too.

I try to remember what I felt when facing lymphoma so that I am that helpful, happy, compassionate person that I so badly want to make sure I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment