Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Everyday I LIVESTRONGer! Day 4

For those of you that know me this post will not come as a surprise at all. Today my thanks is focused on LIVESTRONG! Because they really are an outstanding organization that do so much to help all the people affected by cancer. But there are several people in relation to LIVESTRONG that I would say thank you to.

Lance, (yes you are all reading this correctly) Thank you so much for turning a terrible experience into something that helps millions of people all over the world. I have gotten so much from LIVESTRONG as I know many others have too. Your desire to help other people as they face cancer and willingness to see that desire through is phenomenal. I can't thank you enough for starting this foundation, for all the hard work put into building it to what it is today and for always wanting to push it even further.

Doug Ulman, where do I even begin, I have only met you once but you were as kind to me as a dear friend would be. I had the pleasure of hearing you announce me to speak in Montreal last summer and was just so taken aback by how down to earth you are. I had the opportunity to spend some time with you and you shared a few stories about your family and of course your children. Then in the next sentence you were talking about where you were flying off to next. I remember thinking a lot about all the traveling you do and all the hard work that goes into being the CEO of LIVESTRONG. It must be difficult to be away from your family but from one cancer survivor to another I just want you to know that I think all your hard work is simply amazing and I appreciate it more than you will ever know! LIVESTRONG has impacted my life forever so I will always be a HUGE supporter and do whatever I can to help make sure every person affected by cancer gets what I have gotten! You are amazing!!

Jordan Parks, I find it funny that exactly what I am doing right now is basically how we originally met. But I definitely need to thank you for just about everything. You gave me so much! Since you are the program manager for LIVESTRONG there really is so much to thank you for. Thank you for cancer transitions, thank you for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, thank you for being you. No matter what I need or what I ask you are always there willing to help me or pointing me in the direction of the person who can help me. You gave me a fantastic opportunity to be able to go to Montreal last summer and talk about Cancer Transitions, which for me was so exciting to be able to share just how much I LOVE the program and what it does for patients. If there is ever anything I can do help you or the foundation in any way please let me know! Thank you , thank you!

Now there are even more stars to this show. All the people who have helped me a long in my journey through LIVESTRONG at the YMCA (well here are some of them the rest of you will have to wait for another day).

Trevor Williams thank  you so much having so much faith and support for this program. Even though I would still consider our program to be in it's infancy it has already helped so many people (including myself) within our community. It such an amazing experience to have a unified group with compotent, caring instructors to help you figure out this new post cancer world. I also wanted to thank you for getting me into the second session. I will never forget getting your reply email and you telling me that you were physically in Austin going through training for LIVESTRONG at the YMCA. Even though you were there you made sure all my info got passed on to the right people to get me going. Thank you so much for all you do and your continued support of the program!!

Lisa, oh lisa, you are one amazing person! I will have you know I miss you tons!! You always made everything run so smoothly for our session. We got try just about everything and really got introduced to all that was out there to push ourselves out of our comfort zones. You supported not only the program but also every single person that was in the program. It was always so nice to see your smiling face greet us and your willingness to help us with whatever we needed. If you ever want to come back I would love it! :)

Jenn, you already know how much I love you and how thankful I am to have had you as one of my fantastic LIVESTRONG trainers. You have given me so much! You are kind, caring, compassionate but at the same time you are hard on me. Always trying to get me to try new things and pushing just that little extra bit. I am so happy to be able to call you my friend. I hope you know just how much you have impacted my life, how much I have learned from you, and well just how great you are! Thank you a million times over!

Walter, I think you know how much I love you as well (sorry Jenn). You have got to be one the most sincere, kind heart men I have ever met. I hope you don't mind but after our yoga session from last weeks LIVESTRONG session we were talking about how that is just what you were meant to do. That your personality and demeanor make you perfect not only for yoga but also as a LIVESTRONG trainer. You willingness to help whoever comes your way in simply amazing. You have helped more than you ever know. I know that I can always count on you to help in whatever capacity you can. Thank you for everything!!

Dibo you are an animal! I think aside from LIVESTRONG I need to thank you for constantly making me think outside the box and to try new things. You are a huge driving force that pushes even when you think you can't go any further. But then that is matched with kindness, caring and love. You fit perfectly into that whole the saying of tough love. You push us and make us think because you love us and want to help us reach our potential! Remember just how much you have impacted all of us and just how much you have helped get that much further! Have no fear I will get out on that paddle board! Thank you a bunch!

Danielle, you came into a position that was already running the LIVESTRONG program and you made it your own. Thank you for always making me feel welcome and that my opinion means something. I think it is a great idea to have a LIVESTRONG advisory council and the fact that you welcome it with open arms is great. I know you have fantastic ideas awaiting all of us and you know if you ever need any help just let me know. Thank you for also pushing me out of my comfort zone and helping me to see that I could make the transition from participant to trainer for LIVESTRONG. It has been a fantastic experience that I look forward to being able to do again and again. Thank you for your awesomeness!

The whole LIVESTRONG experience has been more than I could have ever asked for. For all the reason I have talked about above this is how I got to where I am today. LIVESTRONG foundation, program and all those involved with the programs gave me my stepping stone to this new uncharted life after cancer. Let me tell you I never would have even imagined all that I have done and it is all thanks to you!

There are still 5 days left in my challenge to meet my fundraising goal for FD. So be sure to make your donation and be on the look out for more shortly about who/what else has helped me in my cancer journey!
Team FD



No comments:

Post a Comment