Saturday, August 10, 2013

All of You Make It Amazing! Day 5

Having participated in the LIVESTRONG at The YMCA program has done an exuberant amount for me. But let me tell you that none of that would have happened if it wasn't for all my fellow participants so this one goes out to all of you!

Christine you were the first person I met and boy am I glad. It was so great to be able to hear all about what the program had done for you and just how amazing it was going to be. Ever since then you have been such a huge supporter of mine. Always checking in with me about how I am doing, giving me encouragement for any upcoming events I have, just being a fantastic friend! I look forward to being able to continue our friendship for a long time and of course spreading our love for the program!!

Mary you are amazing. I love your passion and that you always are willing to help. I think that you really made my first mentoring experience fantastic. You have always been super supportive and always telling me that I can do more than I think I can. Thank you so much for all of that and that you are always willing to help! I appreciate it all!!

Courtney you are definitely one of a kind. You always brighten my day and bring in that little bit of life to LIVESTRONG. I was always missing you when you weren't there but I know you have your own dreams/desires to pursue. Don't let anyone change your heart because you are an amazing person. Thanks for helping out so much and making everything so much fun!

Kathy having you in my group was just what I needed. You were always willing to share with me and helped me feel right at home. Even after having graduated over a year ago you are still supporting me all the way from Vermont! I am so happy that you were able to make the move and really enjoy life. thank you so much for everything you do. By the way those cookies you made for my bake sale sold like hot cakes, that was so nice of you to offer to help me out! thank you thank you!

Trish you are an inspiration! I love you zest for life! You were another key player in the success I have had through LIVESTRONG at the YMCA because you and I connected there on another level we were similar age, both teachers and both kicking cancers ass! I must tell you that even now you are a driving force keeping me going, I think about you often and having to go through treatment again. I am always sending you positive thoughts and supporting from a far but should you ever need anything please let me know! Thank you for all you do and keep kicking cancers ass girl!

Steph it was so great having you in our little session too. I loved hearing all about your children and what they were up to. You always showed such caring and support for whatever I was doing or any progress I had made. Even now you encourage me through Facebook and made a donation to help keep me motivated for my very first Olympic triathlon! You are amazing, thank you so much!

Bill and Lois, you two are two great people. Lois you were always so sweet and gave everyone in our group the space to really make it our own. You would share with us just at the right the moment. I am so glad you came with Bill and we got to meet and workout with you as well! Bill, I miss your firey attitude! You always kept me on my toes but you are also a wealth of knowledge constantly sharing and helping answer my questions. I will never forget doing our final assessments together, having you there most definitely helped me add some laps to my walk test just trying to keep up with you. I love that you see what you need to do and get after it. Thank you both for giving so much!

Michelle thank you for all that you do! Although you were not in my session you have been absolutely amazing! You work so hard for all of us keeping the program going with all your help. You are so supportive and make sure things get done. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Bob you are a refreshing added bonus to everything that is LIVESTRONG at the Y. You are always willing to help and bring a different perspective/ideas to the table. You inspire me everyday! Keep up the good fight and know that I am always thinking of you! Thank you for all you do!

Tom you are a warrior! You motivate and inspire not only me but so many people. Your creativity and willingness to try new things through out our class was such a breath of fresh air. I loved having you there and missed when you weren't able to come. Even now I think of you very often and still remember all the great things you accomplished. Those keep me going more than you will know! I am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way too. Keep kicking cancer ass too!

Last but far far from least in Mike! I have no idea where to even start so this might be a bit of a ramble. You were my classes mentor, it was fantastic to hear about how much you loved your experience and that you even had gotten your mom to do a session. You were so willing to share your knowledge with us but at the same time listen to all of us as well. Then of course I had the pleasure of sharing the spotlight with you at the LIVESTRONG gala. You were so supportive even then, making sure we were doing it as a team and that we felt comfortable. It was so nice having you up there with me and being to be up there for you. Through out this whole experience you are one the biggest inspirations! I think of you everyday and send you nothing but love. Keep yourself strong, do what you can and know that there is this world of love and support that constantly embraces you! Your drive for a fight is amazing, keep it up!

There are so many more people that have crossed my path through the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program. These are only a few that have made an impact on me, every single one of you has been amazing and are the exact picture of what it means to have a cancer journey. Despite where we all are the journey with cancer is never really over. But every single one of you make it that much better!

Stay tuned for more to come, but in the mean time if your feeling generous help me reach my goal for Team FD by August 12th my diagnosis date three years ago!
Aly's Allies

No comments:

Post a Comment