Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well On My Way

So I realized that I hadn't written in a while and with all this hype about Hurricane Irene or at this point tropical storm I am sitting here watching Million Dollar Baby (for the first time mind you) and really thinking about what has changed in my life. 

So roughly 3 months ago is when I first started at Planet Fitness weighing a little more than 20lbs then I do now. I find that to be a great milestone for myself. I have managed to lose an average of 1.5 lbs a week which isn't much but they way I look at it is loosing in always better than winning (well at least in this case). 

As lillian dickson says "Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once." This is something that has stuck with me since I heard this quote. I finally realized that only I can control how I "spend" my life. But also that because I decide, I also have to be the one to care. so I am happy to say that I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished! I have worked hard and will continue to work hard so I have no one to thank but myself, I did it! Not anyone else, ME!!

I felt the need to write about this because I was just having a conversation about how most people do things for others and not themselves and that you need to work on yourself and not worry about what other people are doing. I think to some extent that is possible but there is no way to shut off caring for those people that matter in your life but there has to be time for yourself.

I have decided to spend my life taking care of myself! You all should consider doing the same, trust me when I say it is definitely worth it!!

as part of taking care of me I have discovered exercise and healthy eating. If you would like to check up on my exercise please check  me out on daily mile. I will be posting my progress on here as well as far how I am doing working on the exercise/healthy eating/weight lose part of the taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment