Saturday, September 14, 2013

Friggatriskaidekaphobia - Part 2

My Friday the 13th adventures continued and this is where an EPIC event took place that was unexpected...
I was meeting some friends from work to celebrate one of them getting a new job and just to hang out at JJ's Sports Bar and Grill in Northborough, MA.

We were all sitting at the table debating about what we wanted to eat. Should we just get a bunch of appetizers and share or get meals. That was when a burger caught my eye. Not just any burger this was called The Heart Attack burger. This burger is two 10oz. patties with cheese and bacon sandwiched between two grilled cheese sandwiches with a full side of fries and a pickle. If you cleaned the plate you get a t-shirt. This was of course tempting because who doesn't love a good challenge.

After some comments at the table about how this needed to happen I decided to go for it. The worst thing that could happen would I didn't finish it and wouldn't get a t-shirt. So I ordered it first asking if I could removed the lettuce, tomato and onion without penalty because I don't like those.

Then the Heart Attack Arrived!
After I removed the lettuce, tomato and onion it was still a huge burger, but I was excited about it!
I was pretty sure there was no way I was going to be able to take a bite with it all together but I was going to try none the less.
I ended up having to take it apart. So basically one burger to a grilled cheese. It was working pretty well and I was slowly making progress. I will admit I had some help because the girls were eating some of the fries. By about the 45 minute mark this is how far I had gotten.
At this point I was starting to hit that food wall. But Over the next 30 minutes I kept working at the persevered to a clean plate!
I think I enjoyed the look on our waitresses face the most out of everything. She had already told me there were several people she had seen try to do it and couldn't. Well I wasn't about to quit so I went for it! That was when she went to tell the manager that I needed a t-shirt.
I of course needed to put it on and take a picture. Our friend Nicole had some other friends at the bar who were also attempting the Heart Attack burger. I finished and they did not! Good to know a girl can still beat the boys :)

Needless to say today was not very eventful as far as food. I was still quite full from that burger! I will not be attempting it anytime soon or possibly ever again but it was fun the first time.

This was the best Friday the 13th by far! I can't wait to see what the next one holds!






No comments:

Post a Comment